Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Autel on a 2014 BMW M6
Autel on a 2014 BMW M6

2158 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2015-05-31 14:19:40

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-05-31 08:22:58
      Hi guys my neighbor just purchased a 2014 m6 132,000.00 black convertible....He backed it out the garage and ofcourse I had to come over. I drive a highly modified Jaguar XJR ..I asked if he would allow me to scan the car with my ms905 and he did.. The car had no mil on the cluster but had 9 subsystem codes.I am sure just voltage related since car was just sitting on the lot, and I cleared them.But I wanted to add that Autel is really putting effort into the new models software..For each code it gave a lead for cause and where to look , and which tests may need to be carried out.This is very close to GT1. It was very detailed..That was the newest bimmer  I ever scanned with my Maxysis and it was very good. I have scanned 2000's to 2012 and it isnt the same detailed code info...The actuation capacity was great ,headlight,seat,covertible top,tpm system,abs,dsc,nav,cluster sweep,bluetooth, turning signals,brake lights,ac,wipers,and horn and much more covered with actuation.Smooth running values covered,and thats about all I had a chance to test..But the scanner gave me lots of confidence about the newer models of  bimmers that we all will encounter eventually with our scanners, But the thng that impressed me the most was the test leads for possible fault codes.To close, yes this scanner has some glitches at times,and will almost make you want to smash it lol , but I tell ya it is very good in so many ways and the good outweighs the bad over and over....Good job Autel!

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-05-31 11:14:28 (Reply to:912guy)

thats  good to know, just wish they would put a bit more effort into the glitched and missing functions for older and other makes.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-05-31 14:19:40 (Reply to:busaman)
     yes I wish they would also especially Jaguar.....and older p38 chassis Rovers...Those old units use the old PDU systems that are not around anymore unless you can get a t4 set up cheap.....and thats hard to do...
  Total1 Pages